Sunday, November 21, 2010

Back from Baltimore

I am back from Baltimore where I spent the week with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra's OrchKids program. The program director, Daniel Trahey, gave us the opportunity to put together a performance with all the students enrolled in the OrchKids program. We arrived on Monday and by Friday we had a concert ready. It was a wonderful experience and one I am anxious to blog about but I need some time to fully digest the experience. I will be back soon to share with you my notes on my week with OrchKids. What I can tell you now is that OrchKids IS El Sistema! I was excited to see that the movement for social change through music is alive and strong in West Baltimore, a place in desperate need. Thank you to Dan, Nick, Molly, Rafaela, Jill, Ms. Jeffreys, and to all the wonderful children for allowing us to come and work with you. It was truly an unforgettable experience. I can't wait to go back!

No comments: